Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Super Set Workout

I've been focusing on total body strength training recently with super sets.  That's two exercises back to back with little to no rest in between.  Super sets are beneficial for fat loss and strength maintenance.  Here's my workout today.  I'll post my weights, but please be sure to choose the best weight for your level of fitness.

Warm up 5 minutes rhythmic movement

3 Sets 8 Reps little to no rest
Assisted Pull Up
Push Up

Smith Machine Squat 65# in plates
Assisted Chin Up

Leg Press 300#
Static lunge with 40# barbell on shoulders
(each leg)

Barbell Bench Press 85#
Dumbbell Bent Over Row 30#

Finished with Dead Lifts 135#

15 minute 2 mile run.
(This was on a treadmill.  I pushed myself up to as fast as I could go 8.5 MPH  for as long as I could go then down to 6.0 MPH to recover.  As soon as I was recovered usually less than one minute I'd push myself up again.)



No comments:

Post a Comment